- What commitments are you willing to make in a relationship? Are you willing to cook for that person, are you willing to be monogamous, are you willing to be honest?
- What are your personal needs? What do you desire? Do you need a hug everyday? Do you need someone to be more financially stable than you? Do you want someone to have to love family?
- What are your liabilities, the stuff you’re afraid of letting people know you have a problem with? Do you smack on your cheerios? Do you withdraw? What’s your junk, what’s the stuff you carry?
- What are your non-negotiables? What are things you absolutely do not want to deal with?
Write your list out and see where you are; you will have more clarity around what it is that you want out of your current relationship or what type of relationship you want to have.
– Sulonda Smith, from “Love and Relationships: Cultivating Intimacy”
You can listen to this show here